NJ State Police Youth Week
The New Jersey State Police will be hosting their annual Youth Week for any male/female who has completed their Junior year of High School. There are two dates that are available for students to apply for: July 25 – July 28, 2014 and August 1 – August 4, 2014.
Following the lines of the Hasbrouck Heights Police Junior Academy (June 23 – June 27, 2014) for individuals who have completed the 8th grade:
The NJ State Police Youth Week activities include lectures and presentations covering many facets of police work and criminal justice. Participants will be exposed to a disciplined quasi-military environment, including military drill in combination with structured fast moving programs of classroom activities, lectures, films, practical exercises and physical training, simulating the NJSP recruit training experience.
The program emphasizes courtesy, professionalism, respect and teamwork. Additional presentations will include strategies for anger management, conflict resolution and cultural diversity.
For more information and applications visit the NJSP Youth Week Webpage
- Students must have successfully completed their junior year of High School (11th grade) and have satisfied the requirements to enter their senior year (12th grade). Sophomores who are currently 17 years of age may also be eligible. Students must not have reached their 18th birthday prior to the graduation date of their Trooper Youth Week class.
- Good reputation and sound moral character
- Must be recommended by High School Principal / guidance department, law enforcement agency, a community representative, or religious leader
- Must be in good academic standing
- Must be able to participate in physical fitness activities
- Must be able to participate in a structured well disciplined program
- No smoking or other tobacco products permitted