Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I park on the street overnight and does Hasbrouck Heights issue Parking Permits?
- How and Where can I obtain a Police Report?
- I received a motor vehicle ticket, how do I pay this ticket?
- Can the HHPD inspect my child’s car seat?
- How do I file a late accident report?
- My vehicle was impounded, How do I obtain a release to get my vehicle back?
- How many points is accompanied with my Traffic Ticket?
No. A vehicles may not be parked on any street within the Borough between the hours of 2am-6am, unless Permission is granted. Permission is granted on a day by day occurrence. Please refer to Borough Code 261-17 for a full explanation of the ordinance within our Borough. In the event of inclement weather or abuse of the Overnight Parking, a resident may be denied permission. Hasbrouck Heights DOES NOT issued parking permits.
Police Reports are available online, 24 hours a day,7 days a week at http://hasbrouckheightsnj.policereports.us/.
All motor vehicle accidents are available through the website.
All tickets that do not list a Court Appearance Required on the ticket, may be paid online at http://www.djmcdirect.com Tickets that have Court Appearance Required must call the Court within 7 days of receiving the summons at (201) 288-3117
Hasbrouck Heights residents may contact our Traffic Bureau (201) 288-1114 to make an appointment with Sgt. Robertson or Sgt. Adamo to have their installed child safety seat inspected. Sgt. Robertson and Sgt. Adamo will INSPECT your installation to assure that you have installed the safety seat properly. This service is available free of charge for Hasbrouck Heights Residents ONLY.
In order to report a Late Accident report you must download the form from the NJSP at http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/pdf/About/SR-1.pdf. Fill in as much information as possible. When you have completed the form, you can return the form to Police Headquarters. REMINDER – Late Accident Reports must be brought to the agency where the accident occurred.
In order to obtain a release for your impoounded vehicle, you MUST complete the following checklist and bring same to Police Headquarters:
- Have Proof of Valid Registration and Insurance
- Two (2) individuals with Valid Driver’s License
- You MUST be the Owner of the Vehicle or have a notarized authorization from the Owner for release
- In the Event of a DWI, the Vehicle MUST BE held for a MINIMUM of 12 HOURS
You will then receive the release form for your vehicle along with directions to the contracted Tow Company where your vehicle is being held.
To find out how many motor vehicle points you will receive from the ticket you received, you may access the Motor Vehicle Commission schedule http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Violations/penalties_pointSchedule.htm The Hasbrouck Heights Police DOES NOT assess motor vehicle points, all motor vehicle points are assessed by the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission.